What do you do when your life changes in the blink of an eye? What do you do when an overtired semi truck driver crosses into your lane and sends you into the ditch? What do you do when a drunk driver runs a red light and totals your teenage daughter’s car?
Unfortunately, even when you are doing your very best to make sure that you are paying attention to the road, the carelessness of someone else can change your life. It is at these times when you need to reach out for advice from a semi truck accident lawyer or personal injury lawyers. Trucking accidents are all too common in a time when drivers are looking to get their loads delivered on time. Drunk drivers are on the road too often
A recent study indicates that deaths that are related to cirrhosis of the liver caused by excessive drinking are increasing among 25 to 34 year olds in the U.S. If you are the parent, the friend, or the spouse of someone who has lost control to the dangers of alcohol, you know the challenges of getting that person to seek out the help that is needed.
From lost jobs to ruined marriages to wasted lives, there are long lists of people who have struggled with addiction to both alcohol and drugs. Although there are many treatment options that are available, the greatest challenge of any alcoholic is admitting that they have a problem, and that they need help. Until they reach those realizations, addicts will continue to struggle, sometimes to the point of death,
Because there increases in the number of people who are dealing with addictions, there are also more and more places that are offering recovery services. From outdoor settings that encourage patients to exercise and spend large amounts of time in the fresh air to hospital like settings that rely on a series of medical approaches as well as talk sessions and other kinds of therapy, there are many options for individuals and families who are looking for interventions that can help save the lives of the people they love the most.
Consider some of these life changing problems that an ADDICT faces when he or she does not find the help they need:
- Adult and teenage addicts alike can ruin their current and future employment opportunities if they are not able to show up to work sober.
- Driving while intoxicated or high can lead to life ending results. When you are involved in an accident that is caused by your intoxication, you can face jail time, fines, and other serious implications.
- Day time drinkers often find themselves in a place where they are unable to keep their house clean or even get their children to school.
- Instead of getting that next promotion at work, the number of days that you missed because you were hung over has left you facing a possible suspension.
- Can you imagine a life without your children? If you are not careful, drug or alcohol addiction can cost you the custody of the children who mean the world to you.
- The mortgage on your home will not be paid if you are in jail instead of at work. Drunk driving convictions cost people their futures.
In the most serious of situations, an ADDICT finds themselves sitting in a courtroom facing a personal injury attorney. Likewise, a careless semi truck driver may find himself facing a semi truck accident lawyer. If, however, you are the victim of truck accident injuries, you rely on the help of these semi truck accident lawyers and other lawyers to find a way to make the difficult transitions that you will need to overcome as a result of someone else’s carelessness.
The latest statistics from 2014 indicate that distracted driving accounted for 10% of the deaths in car accidents, while alcohol-related accidents accounted for 31% of the deaths in car accidents. In comparison, the U.S. Department of Transportation found that 23% of semi-truck accidents are caused by a driver traveling too fast for the road conditions. Drunk driving attorneys and semi truck accident lawyers help their clients navigate the challenging recovery process when someone is injured and help families of people who are killed in these accidents find some kind of closure.