Personal injury lawyers can help people understand the future problems that they may face, whether they are medical costs, rehabilitation sessions, or the occupational therapy needed to get back to working full time. In fact, without personal injury law firms many people who have been a victim of an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness can find themselves suffering for years.
There are many examples of when a personal injury accidents interrupts a person’s life. Car accidents, medical errors, and slip and falls are just a few of the times when a personal accident can totally interrupt who someone has planned for the future. When a distracted driver runs through a red light while you are on your way to work, for example, you can find yourself facing a totaled car, multiple injuries, and months off work. When a store does not clean up a spill that was reported and a customer slips and falls and suffers an injury that leaves that customer in a wheel chair, that customer’s life is ruined. When a surgery team makes an error during an operation, the results can be devastating. In all of these cases, a personal injury firm may be able to help the accident victim understand that options that might be available.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times that a personal injury lawyer might be able to help understand the possible solutions to an accident:
- 95% to 96% of personal injury cases are settled pretrial, which means that there are as few as 4% to 5% that ever make it to the courtroom.
- 40% of nursing home residents in America have reported abuse at one time or another. In fact, as many as 90% of nursing home residents have reported that either they, or another resident, have suffered from nursing home neglect.
- Far from a small problem, research indicates that 22% of slip and fall incidents resulted in more than 31 days away from work.
- Distracted driving, drunk driving, and speeding are the three most common causes of car accidents in America.
- 52% of personal injury cases are related to motor vehicle accidents.
- 33% of people over the age of 65 experiences a fall every year in the U.S.
Finding the help that you need from a personal injury law firm can help you make sure that you understand all of the available options.